RAE (Report, Analysis, Op-Ed) | Ramola D | Posted December 1, 2019
Documentary Evidence since 1994 of Covert High-Tech Electronic-Weapon and Neurotechnology Use in Targeted Surveillance, Experimentation, Operations by US Government on Americans: A Series
(1) The DOD/DOJ Memorandum of Understanding on OOTW/LE, 1994
Unremarked in mainstream media, deliberately hidden from wider readership, there have been a series of declassified document FOIA-releases over the past few years which astonishingly reveal many facets of the now-known covert use of electronic-weapon and neurotechnology surveillance, experimentation, weapons-tests, and operations on the American public by various agencies and departments of the US Government and their contractors.
Similarity with Covert Global High-Tech Policing Operations: Similar operations have been unleashed worldwide, as reported extensively at this site and others online earlier. Some documentation in the public domain testifies to this global program, and will be reported more fully here shortly. For now, please see this Twitter thread, which discloses NATO High-Tech Non Lethal Weapon/Neuro Policing operations in Europe and discusses also how Non-Lethal Weapons Testing & Neuro Surveillance have been unleashed inside the USA:
HTML Page: Thread on Non-Lethal DEW Operations in USA, Europe, world, with references to US, NATO documents, articles
On Twitter: Thread on Non-Lethal DEW Operations in USA, Europe, world, with references to US, NATO documents, articles
From Riot Control Tear Gas to Pulsed Microwaves and “Acoustic Psycho-Correction”The irritant chemical weapons of riot control of the 1960s and ’70s—the original non-lethal weapons–have steadily given way to a plethora of non-lethal technologies in the range of electromagnetic, acoustic, scalar, and other exotic neuro/bio technologies steadily released by military weapons research into law enforcement, and currently also into futuristic crime-prevention or Pre-Crime use over the ’80s, ’90s, and beyond.
(The Early History of Non-Lethal Weapons, Neil Davison;
Timeline/EM Weapons Interact with the Nervous System, by Judy Hall)
Public Domain Disclosure on Non Lethal Weapons Has Ramped Up Lately
This series aims to address the public disclosures in recent FOIA releases of ongoing US Government use of Electronic Weapons and Neurotechnologies on Americans.
“Electronic Weapon” herein refers to the spectrum weapons used in Electronic Warfare as defined by the Department of Defense (DOD) in documents, particularly relates to anti-personnel weapons, includes all labeled as non-lethal-weapon, less-than-lethal weapon, psychotronic weapon, neuroweapon, next generation and emerging technologies, and includes RFID (Radio Frequency IDentification) and BCI (Brain Computer Interface) tech.
The Memorandum of Understanding Between Department of Defense and Department of Justice on Military Operations Other Than War and Law Enforcement, 1994
PDF: The Memorandum of Understanding Between Department of Defense and Department of Justice on Military Operations Other Than War and Law Enforcement, 1994
Recent document releases into the public domain include this MOU (linked above) released by the US Department of Justice on FOIA request in February 2018 to Harun Krasna via Muckrock News, signed by Janet Reno and John Deutch on April 20, 1994, when Reno was Attorney-General of the United States and Deutch was Deputy Secretary of Defense.
Some Context to This MOU
This Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was preceded by decades of reported development of non-lethal energy weapons and neuroweapons by different departments of the US Government, including Defense, Justice, Energy, US Army, Navy, Air Force, DARPA, NSA, CIA, and NIJ, as indicated by various conferences held through the ’80s and early ’90s, by white papers from military and intelligence personnel, by declassified documents currently in the public domain as released by DOJ, CIA, NSA, and DOD, inclusive of the CIA’s MK Ultra documents and Project Stargate archives, and by information preserved in the Congressional record.
For instance, information on the growing focus by the Justice Department through the ’80s and ’90s on electromagnetic weapons can be gleaned from government reports on NIJ (National Institute of Justice) conferences on electromagnetic weapons.
Numerous military reports in journals detail the military development of infrasonic, radar, microwave weapons from the ’50s onward; their use in US Law Enforcement seems to have occurred particularly from the ’70s and ’80s upward.
Significant, in the ’80s-’90s lead-up to this MOU, are the following sampling of reports, white papers, and articles:
Sherri Sweetman’s NIJ Report on the Attorney-General’s (1986) Conference on Non-Lethal Weapons dated March 1987
NIJ 1993 report, NIJ Initiative on Less-Than-Lethal Weapons
Military Reports & Articles
The Electromagnetic Spectrum in Low-Intensity Conflict by US Navy Captain Paul Tyler, an essay included along with other critical essays in the 1986 Low-Intensity Conflict and Modern Technology edited by US Air Force Lt Col David J. Dean (link opens pdf of this essay).
Controlled Offensive Behavior (USSR) – a DIA Report, 1972
Nonlethality: John B. Alexander, The Pentagon’s Penguin, June 1993, Lobster Magazine
The New Mental Battlefield: “Beam me up, Spock” by US Army Lt. Col. John B. Alexander, Dec 1980, Military Review
1969: Physical Control of the Mind: Toward a Psychocivilized Society by Jose Delgado
1970: Between Two Ages: America’s Role in a Technetronic Era by Zbigniew Brezinski
CIA Reports/Congressional Record
1977: Project MK Ultra, the CIA’s Program in Behavior Modification/Joint Hearings
Summations & Compilations of Reports, Patents, Studies from this time-period:
Mind Control, The Ultimate Brave New World by Dr. Nick Begich
Remote Mind Control Technology by Anna Keeler
Mind Controllers by Armen Victorian
One Notable Classified Conference
The 1993 Los Alamos-sponsored Classified DOJ/DOD Conference on Non Lethal Defense
The singular and secretive Los-Alamos-sponsored Justice/Defense classified conference on Non-Lethal Defense in 1993 at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory no doubt had a direct connection to this Memorandum of Understanding, signed in 1994. The agenda for that conference is posted here.
Please see my earlier discussion on that deliberately-kept-secret conference and its consequences for Americans in these two critically questioning articles here—which include disclosures from multiple researchers, writers, and investigative journalists including Dr. Nick Begich, Dr. John Hall, Dr. Robert Duncan, and Renee Pittman Mitchell:
How Secret Policing With Deadly “Non-Lethal” EMF/Scalar/Sonic Neuroweaponry Has Been Installed Domestically Inside the US, & Globally
Is the US Department of Justice Secretly Permitting Local Law Enforcement & the Military to Assault American Citizens Using Covert Directed-Energy “Non-Lethal” Weapons?
Lack of Media Coverage, Human Rights Coverage, Public Disclosure & Debate of Non-Lethal & Neurotechnologies Promised by This MOU
Significantly, there have been no public debates, discussions facilitated by Media and human rights or civil liberties groups, disclosure from the Justice Department, nor disclosure from the Defense department on the intended or ongoing use of non-lethal Remote Human Access Weapons and Neurotechnologies on Americans, which this MOU promises.
Instead, there has been an unethical and treasonous official Media and Human Rights cover-up, which has led to the public being misinformed. (This has been discussed extensively at this site, including in Open Season on Targets: Blacklisted Individuals, Extreme Abuse in Targeting, Secretive Lab-Rat Exploitation, & Massive Establishment Cover-Up.)
Highlights of this Memorandum of Understanding
The purpose of this article is to report the content of this MOU—which is not fully transparent–highlight its main points, and offer insight into its intent with an eye to more fully informing the American public on what exactly has transpired here, what exactly this MOU has permitted, who is aware, who is involved, and who needs to be held accountable.
Significant, as stated, in this MOU are the following.
From the Section titled General, A and B:
- This was an agreement to permit Defense and Justice to jointly share and develop certain kinds of technology and systems for shared purposes, for Military Operations Other Than War (MOOTW), and for Law Enforcement (LE).
- This agreement sought to “conduct a program to enhance” both MOOTW and LE operations. (Was this also the kept-quiet political persecution program to target innocent Americans, activists, journalists–falsely labeled as terrorists–extrajudicially under Watchlist Fraud, and covertly use their bodies and brains for target practice in OOTW?)
- This agreement came on the heels of DARPA, NIJ, and FBI deciding to gift Law Enforcement with these certain advanced technologies on the basis of findings of “convergence” they made regarding the applicability of these technologies—still not described–to both military and law enforcement operations.
- DARPA, NIJ, FBI also felt these advanced technologies would “enhance the effectiveness” of both military and law enforcement missions.
From the Section titled Concept:
- The objective of this joint program was to “develop and exploit” this advanced technology for military operations and law enforcement operations both—and does not refer to this technology as weaponry here, although it clearly is, if being applied militarily or forcibly by military or police. This is weaponry.
- This joint program intended to open a “development and application program” contract creation industry where competing technologies, components, and systems—presumably from Defense/Security Service companies–could compete; the implication appears to be the promotion of competition in the development and testing of these advanced technologies, which have still not been described, in this Concept section. This Joint Program was unleashing a mercenary competition between rival tech weaponry companies—Defense/Security Service contractors–to develop, test, and fine-tune these sophisticated advanced anti-personnel technologies inside America, on Americans. (The involvement of Law Enforcement implies anti-personnel technology.)
- “Testing and objective evaluation” was legitimized as necessary to ensure “quality of the competition.”
From the Section titled Implementation:
- This was a 5-year MOU, which presumably has been extended periodically (to be confirmed).
- A Joint Program Steering Group (JPSG) was created, with someone from DARPA chairing it and DOJ appointing a deputy chair, with technical program managers from both Defense and Justice. Significantly, a representative from US Army is designated to be on the JPSG, in addition to reps from DARPA and DOJ.
- This Steering Group, chaired by DARPA, would make decisions on technologies of interest (to jointly share and develop presumably), plan, manage development, test, “conduct technology demonstrations and evaluations” – which suggests that military tech, already developed, would be demonstrated for law enforcement use – and make decisions on “transition strategies.”
- “Test bed units” or “user organizations” would test the “transitioning products” (meaning the up-til-then secret or classified tech from DARPA, perhaps) and suggesting:
* for LE operations: different police/sheriffs’ departments possibly, or corrections departments—prisons and juvenile detention centers;
* and for MOOTW (which could include information warfare, psychological operations—Psy Ops/MISO, counter-terrorism and counter-drug operations, show-of-force operations et al): military units (such as the Marine Corps, Air Force, Navy, Army) or special operations forces.
The implication appears to be that those groups intending to use this technology would serve as testers of it. There is a connection here to Non Lethal Weapons Testing contracts announced by US Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne in 2006, when he stated weapons would be tested on Americans, which needs to be further explored; these military weapons-testing-contracts continue, and notice of them can be found in the public domain.
- The JPSG would move physically to DARPA in the first quarter of 1995 to begin “intensive management of the OOTW/LE program” from DARPA. (Then called ARPA; Note that DARPA is a weapons research and development agency for the Department of Defense, and not part of the Department of Justice. This MOU establishes military management of Justice, Law Enforcement, and FBI programs using these “advanced technologies”.)
- Policy guidance would be provided by a Senior Review Group which would include the Deputy Secretary of Defense and the Deputy Attorney-General. This implies that both parties—and it is significant that the DAG is involved, FBI Directors frequently serve first as DAG (witness, Mueller and Comey) —would have full cognizance of these particular advanced technologies to be deployed by Law Enforcement and Military divisions both, and would make decisions to “facilitate technology transition to applications.”
- JPSG projects would be of 3 types—transitioning or transferring existing military tech to DOJ (Corrections & Law Enforcement) where DOJ would test these; transitioning ongoing in-development-military-tech in “current programs” to DOJ where DOJ would modify as needed and test these; or jointly developing new tech, where DOD and DOJ would separately modify and apply tech as they needed. From analysis of conference reports from DOJ prior to this MOU as well as materials from DOD, some linked above, it appears that many forms of Biometric Identification, Pre-Crime Monitoring, and Neuro Surveillance technologies might well have fallen within the aegis of these categories. There is a connection here also to C4ISR (C4 (Command, Control, Computers, Communications) Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) technologies, many being tested now via Non Lethal Weapons Testing contracts, e.g., by the US Air Force Research Laboratory, which needs to be further explored. (Please see my Twitter thread at head of this article, for links.)
From the Section titled Responsibilities:
- Defense would identify tech and systems, existing and in-process, to hand over to Justice for testing, modification, and use as above.
- DOJ would identify those requisite military technologies and systems in process at DOD found attractive for use by DOJ; interestingly—perhaps for obvious reasons, since it implies DOD has all the technology already that it could choose from to hand over–it appears that DOD is the primary party responsible to identify and select already-extant technology for DOJ use, but DOJ would be made privy to current military technology programs in process. This probably also implies that a lot of this DARPA tech is classified, and DOD would pick from extant tech to hand over to DOJ, leaving DOJ out of the loop there; with regard to in-process tech, DOJ would be permitted disclosure and be allowed to choose.
- Yet both departments are required to identify their own requirements and “candidate technologies,” presumably within the constraints above.
- Security classifications would be used as per whichever department was acting as the Executive Agent for specific projects.
- Specific projects would be described in Annexes.
- Important to note is the fact that the Attorney-General would be fully cognizant of this joint program and its essentially military activities, as reported to him or her by the DAG in charge of the senior review group. This is a program of testing advanced military technology on the streets of America by military units and special operations forces, and in America’s prisons and detention centers by sheriffs and police departments and all contractors interfacing with them, that the AG, DAG, and FBI would be fully aware of.
Notice of Joe Biden’s Omnibus Counter-Terrorism Act of 1995, which predated the 2001 Patriot Act, and established Military interference in domestic Law Enforcement, created the “Terrorist” label for domestic use, permitted indefinite detention without judicial review, and stripped Due Process from Americans.
This 1994 MOU establishes that the Attorney-General and DOJ and FBI and local Law Enforcement nationally in the USA were fully cognizant and partaking in joint military-justice advanced-tech weapons testing operations on Americans from that time onward and, significantly, during milestone moments in American history, such as the very next year at the time of the Oklahoma Bombing on April 19, 1995 followed by Joe Biden’s Omnibus Counter-Terrorism Act of 1995 (proposed in February 1995, passed in May 1995), then seven years later at the time of the 9/11 event in 2001 and the passing of the Patriot Act in 2001, and one decade later, at the time of the President’s Bioethical Commission hearings in 2011.
Americans testify at the President’s Bioethical Commission, 2011
On that historic occasion, over 300 Americans—out of over 600—registered to give their testimonials of being covertly persecuted with electromagnetic and acoustic neuroweapons “testifying to their ongoing, unwilling enrollment in non-consensual human experimentation with military-grade electromagnetic (EMF) neurotechnology projects in the USA,” with only 40 being allowed to testify, the rest repressively turned away by Amy Gutmann, Chair, and Valerie Bonham, Executive Director, claiming “the Commission was not a “law enforcement, regulatory, or legislative body” (The American Public Informs President Obama’s Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues About Ongoing Non-Consensual Experimentation in the USA Today) PDF of this article here
“Advanced Technologies”: Remote Human Access Non-Lethal Weapons and Neurotechnologies
In the entirety of this opaque MOU, nowhere is it mentioned in so many words what exactly these technologies are. However, from the lead-up news reportage prior to this MOU, the many preceding technology conferences, succeeding documents released on FOIA-request, and succeeding execution of Directed Energy Bio Behavioral Research projects using Non Lethal Weapons contracted publicly by DOD, USAF, USMC, others, it becomes evident that these technologies DOJ and DOD jointly sought to deploy—and are currently deploying–are less-than-lethal weapons, non-lethal weapons, through-wall-surveillance weapons, weapons-detection technologies, behavior-modification technologies, medical monitoring technologies, and—secret of secrets–neuroweapons.
Details on some of these technologies now emerging from other FOIA-released documents will be explored in succeeding articles in this series covering these documents.
Secret Policing Inside the United States of America: “Domestic Adversaries” and Covert Electronic Weapons
Is the US Department of Justice Secretly Permitting Local Law Enforcement & the Military to Assault American Citizens Using Covert Directed-Energy “Non-Lethal” Weapons?
Open Season on Targets: Blacklisted Individuals, Extreme Abuse in Targeting, Secretive Lab-Rat Exploitation, & Massive Establishment Cover-Up
Twitter thread on Non Lethal Weapons Testing in the USA and in Europe via NATO: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1114347466667769856.html
Washington’s Blog: The American Public Informs President Obama’s Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues About Ongoing Non-Consensual Human Experimentation in the USA Today PDF of Article
No Waivers of Informed Consent, PERIOD: The Public Reports Ongoing Non-Consensual Experimentation and Demands the Common Rule Protect Citizens, Not Covert Activities